The Bodyblade is a great piece of exercise equipment for anyone who needs to strengthen the shoulders or spine without moving at the joints. I started using this tool in physical therapy to evenly strengthen the shoulders. I have a history of multidirectional instability, shoulder dislocations, and tendonitis. This is one of the few exercises I can actually do that tires my shoulder muscles without aggravating the joint. The bodyblade works by activating muscles deep within the core. The muscles fire at a rapid rate as the blade oscillates from side to side. Click here to learn more.
- Exercise tutorials are accessible online
- Exercises are as easy or as hard as you make them
- Improves proprioception and balance
- Activates many muscles at one time
- Easy to grip, the thick handle is much more comfortable than trying to grip a weight and you can grip it without the use of the thumb if necessary
- Several different sizes and strengths are available, I recommend starting with the easiest one, the CxT version
- Boring and repetitive
- Expensive if you’re just testing it out or only going to use it occasionally
Here’s an exercise guide to show the wide variety of exercises.