Using a computer with EDS is no simple task. Computer and desk work is hard on everyone’s body. When I came across the concept of a zero gravity work station I new the solution had been found.The only problem with these super ergonomic work stations are the cost. They are charging 5,000 dollar per station. Obviously this is absurd, but just in case any of you are able to make this investment here’s a link to a review article that discusses the different brands on the market.
I’ve set out to replicate the concept of this work station for a more affordable price. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far! I will keep updating this model until I can finally work at my computer for over an hour without being stopped by pain and discomfort.
Components: total cost is about 100$ …get building and save big!
- Zero gravity reclining lawn chair: Amazon link to chair
- Heavy duty hanger stand: Amazon link to hanger stand
- Home made pegboard table top
- pegboard 30″ x 30
- plywood 30″ x 30″
- 4 ,12″ x1″ wooden fence posts
- 2, 24″ x1″ wooden fence posts
- wood glue
- a box of pegs to hold the laptop and desk components in place